Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Simple Things

My 21st birthday came and went..
Without a party, a birthday cake nor even a full birthday song.
When the clock struck 12, I was in the moot court.
Still franticly putting in the finishing touches on our memorials.
By the time I finally managed to escape the court, the boyfriend was already asleep.
I got a sleepy "Happy Birthday".
Daddy has food poisoning and the lil bro has another bout of his allergies.
The kid's eye swelled up to the size of golf balls.
So dinner was cut short and back to the moot court to submit the memorials.
My day ended in the moot court- again.

But I can never say that I wasn't happy.
Because I spent my birthday doing something that mattered- Jessup.
I spent it with the 4 people in the faculty that I would do almost anything for.
And I know that they would do the same for me.

I met Meow for lunch and had a good laugh.
Even managed to work out with the Bestie..
I realized that I may not have many friends, but those I got- are real.
And in the end, that is all that matters.

The family may be sick, but they still dragged themselves out of bed just to have  dinner with me.
To do that for a small night out is worth all the iPhones in the world.
The kid even had to get a jab. (=.=)"


The Boyfriend surprised me with a bouquet of roses.
21 roses for my 21 years.


Twas so sweet :)
Most importantly, he treats me like a rose everyday.
Finally, a man who understands that I don't need nor even want everything in the world.
A woman just needs to be treated right.


So I don't feel sorry for me.
Because I'm one of the lucky few who has everything a person needs in life.

0 Mystified People: