Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Raya~ (Not)

The last day of Ramanthan, and we’re all squished in the car at 2 fucking a.m. Balik kampung. (read without merriment) I know exactly what’s in store for me. And I do not like it.


When it was time for sohor, we stopped at the highway’s R&R. There’s a KFC outlet there. Phew. Thinking that I’ll feast on my fav spicy chicken, I gladly wait in line. But when I got to the counter, (please note that the line was waaay long, I started at the fucking front door!) the cashier told me that they’re all out of chicken. Nothing at all. Not even nuggets! So what DO they sell you ask? NASI LEMAK. Plain, unappetising ones at that! In goddamn Styrofoam!! Wtf?? I’m tired, I’m hungry and I’ve just wasted 20 mins in line. At that point, I was seething. They didn’t even have the courtesy to tell those in line that they’re all out of chicken. Damn incompetent idiots.


We ended up buying nasi goreng in one of the pathetic stalls nearby. Have these people ever heard of quality?? *sigh* Apparently not. The taste was as bland as how it looks. But I ate anyway, beggars can’t be choosers. Plus, I would rather not engage in hard labour on an empty stomach, Thankyouverymuch.



,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


Twas worse that I thought. Sweeping and cooking, I could handle –although I detest it. But gardening -NO (the word is too gentle!) berkebun was a whole new ball game. I not only detest it, I HATE it with every fibre of my being.


If you happen to pass by, You’d see me toiling in gigantic patches of weeds and untamed flowering plants (if you can call it that, giant weeds with thorns is more like it!) My hands now have scratches and blisters all over them and there’s dirt under my fingernails that I just can’t seem to remove, no matter how hard I scrub. *Sigh* Oh, did I mention that I was also eaten alive by bugs? Huh, and I thought that we had supernyamoks at home. Here, they’ve evolved into megasupermyamoks! Damn them!


,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


A total of 2 families came by the big old mansion this year. TWO! And both did not present us with duit raya. Owh well, I didn’t expect they would anyway. But TWO visitors?? This is beyond sad. Especially after all the work we’ve put into making the old place presentable..


I wonder how bad it'll be next year.

0 Mystified People: