Sunday, September 5, 2010

I can cook? :)

I cant believe I botched up INSTANT soup.
Sure, twas 'Chinese mushroom soup' but it was STILL instant.
I think the expiry date was up.
I'm not sure :/
It looked kinda ok;


See?? Looks safe..


But it tasted... off.
Only after the 3rd spoon did I finally realise that it wasn't supposed to taste THAT bad.
Nobody would buy this thing if it tasted the way it did!
Uggh!
So down the sink it goes.
Epic FAIL.

Which brought me to my new revolution;
To start learning how to cook, bake and anything to do with being a domestic goddess!
*Grins*

So in the spirit of Raya, I've tried baking!
First experiment: Choc chip hazelnut cookies.



The first batch actually got burnt.
(=.=)"
Oh well.. After some trial and error I think I got it to 'passable'.
It wasn't perfect.
But at least it was edible (twas a lil hard).
Heh.

But not to be deterred, I stared on my second experiment; Choc chip butterscotch cookies!
And it was actually really good!
Yay!

Ain't it pretty??
Tee-hee.


Next quest; Actually cook dinner!
(If not for the whole family, then at least just for me.)
No need to humiliate myself with the lack of cooking skills :/








p/s: Both batches of cookies were dispatched to the boyfriend :)
Am hoping he likes it.
*Crosses fingers*

More to come soon :)

0 Mystified People: