Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chasing Uniformity

Someone I respect very much once said;

"The right to believe also includes the right not to believe."


And I for one, couldn't agree more.

What is it that makes us so negative about another? Think about it. Why did the Nazi hate the Jews so much when the Jews have done nothing to the Germans? Why is it that some Malays hate the Chinese/Indians and vise versa? Aren't we supposed to be the same?

The difference between us is simple. It's what we believe in.

The Nazi believed that the Jews were taking away what they felt is their right. The Malays think and have different cultures from the non-malays. So since we are not exactly the same, we do not trust them. We think that we're oh-so different form them. And worse, because of some random difference we may think we're even better than they are.

I've read an interesting post the other day. It was by a guy who was blasting off about how 'stupid' (his words, not mine) this girl was for hating Alaf 21 books. Apparently, she says that anybody who reads em' are 'idiots' but he says otherwise and states that SHE's the idiot. He even put her blog's link in the post to prove how 'narrow minded' she was.

Tsk. Tsk. See what I mean?

I used to like following his blog, now I just feel that he's bland. Pity, he did put in some very convincing points (as he always does). But when it comes down to it, he was just as bad as the girl. He did exactly what the girl did; to mock those who do not believe in the same things as you do. Sorry man, you've just lost my respect.

As for myself, I must say I do not enjoy reading Alaf 21 books. I think they're too mushy and unrealistically dramatic. But then again, I have read some in the past. So does that make me an idiot? I think not. And as for those who're firm fans of the books, never think you're foolish either. Everybody has their own escapism.

Being firm in what you believe in is not wrong. But if you make it public, just be sure that you're also impartial to what others believe in.

Remember, you are not Hitler. Back off! And leave everyone else the fuck alone.

0 Mystified People: