Monday, August 9, 2010

LawAsia pt2 (finale)

LawAsia was a doozy.
(Twas also VERY tiring..)

It was a challenge from the start.
ie; we had to get up SUPER early.
When we arrived the place was deserted (=.=)"
Talk about having the 'spirit of lawasia'. Heh.

Our first round was against HELP.
Though I didn't moot in that round, by the end of the moots, I developed a bangin' headache. Great.
I bet it was due to my lack of sleep.
I wasn't designed to sleep for only 3 hours a day..

But with help of some pain killers (credit due to Mama Shai!), I managed to get to the second round against KDU.
So, with a head feeling like it's about to explode, I mooted.

2 rounds down!
Twas the end of the general rounds..
Though the other UiTM teams didn't make it to the finals, (FYI, I'm still baffled about that! They are WAY better than I am!) we thank our lucky stars that all our hard work was rewarded.
My first moots where I (finally!) qualified to the finals!

The morning moots was against Taylor's.
(again, I didn't moot in that one)
But I did moot for the next round!
And THAT's the round I was eyeing.. Tee-hee.
Twas a chance to moot in front of the Chief Justice and The President of the Bar Council!
I COULD NOT PASS THAT UP!


Though it wasn't an easy moot, and we lost to IIU, Twas worth it.
I finally got to the finals, and it hasn't even been a full year since I started mooting..
That's good enough.
For now.









Even with all the blood, sweat and tears, I would've done it all over again..
Especially if my moot family is with me.
I love you guys to bits!
(Public declaration ni!) Tee-hee.




Dinner with you guys is the best!
(though dinner at Citrus was probably a bad idea.. Service at a snail's pace!)




(Editor's note: Sir was NOT happy when he realised that the kiddies attacked his banana split and left only melted scraps of ice-cream for him. Haha. Nice move Ratu Disco!)

Anyways, thank you to Sir Irwin, Miss Ummi and Madam Mas for helping us to be better future lawyers/Judges/whatever-we-may-be-later..
We owe you guys.
Big Time.



To the UiTM LawAsia team, I truly love you guys.
I'll carry the memories always.
(Haha! Drama!)


0 Mystified People: