Friday, August 28, 2009

RM 11 Please, Next!

We humans are innately attracted to drama. And yes, even the most (self-proclaimed) stoic ones apply. Now, now.. There's no point in denying it. We see it too damn often to do so. Might as well embrace it right?? Drama equals excitement. Life without it is dubbed.. boring. And who would want a boring life right?

But excitement never comes without a lil bit prodding. so we prod, in full knowledge that trouble will follow.

We're drawn to drama like a moth to a flame -yours truly included. And unfortunately most of us end up like the poor moth; burnt to a crisp.

For the umpteenth time this week, I watch another one of my dear friends dig a treacherous grave for herself. Her idea of drama? Sleeping with her 'friend' just because her boyfriend cant do the job. (Coz he's away studying -Not due to any erectile dysfunctions.) Heh. Whatever happened to 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'? I know she loves her boyfriend, albeit in her own dysfunctional way. But I don't think she'll be very happy when he finds out -and he'll find out alright. She's about as discreet as a rampaging bull. Before the great endeavour, she even complained that her relationship with the boyfriend was too stable.. Translation; too boring. Hence, the need to spice up her life. Good luck girl. I hope the drama was worth the pending heart-break.


Another friend has multiple guys tripping over themselves to be with her. I can understand why. She's the ideal catch in so many ways. They call her everyday, without fail. And she always answers, without fail. But after hanging up, you'll always hear her say that they're all such bores. So in her bid to get rid of them, she sets out various plans on how she'll 'leave' these unsuspecting men. Ironically, when these guys finally get the message and leaves her alone, she'll get agitated. Then she'll gingerly seek them out again. Routine repeats. There you go; the carnal need for drama in one's life. *Sigh*


But ain't it easy to point the finger at other people's stupidity and laugh.


What if it's you they're laughing at?


That is why when it comes down to it, I can never really blame my lovely friends for what they've done, as I have done similarly stupid things too.

So what if I've been lied to and cheated on? Get over it. But I don't. I hold on to it and make it apart of me. Never letting go and always expecting the next one to be scum as well. And if he's not, I'll have this nagging feeling that it's just too good to be true and that it'll fall apart eventually. I don't let myself be completely happy and I say it's to protect myself from getting hurt, but I know better. I'm always trying to find excuses for myself. So that if it doesn't work out, I can just blame it on others. See?? Drama. I shouldn't be keeping all these bitterness in me, but it's there. Just annoyingly there. I feel like giving myself one swift kick.

Okay, so I do realize that what I do are sometimes down-right idiotic, and most people never realize that. So that must mean I'm somewhat better right? Wrong. The point is moot; it was still idiotic. Period.


*Sigh* Believe me, I am trying to get rid of all the unnecessary drama.

But wait! A lil drama is still good for entertainment. Remember, a boring life is not worth living.
HAHA.

0 Mystified People: