Thursday, November 12, 2009

Words unsaid

Have you ever had a cup of coffee and sit by the shop's patio/huge-ass window alone?

To just sit there for hours and enjoy your own company?

I do. And I usually use this time to 'people watch'. Okay! It sounds super creepy, but it's actually not. It's amazing how you can realize the existence of life's simple little wonders when you actually take the time to SEE it.

As I have MADE all of you aware of (I'm sorry. I can't help it.), I'm totally in my Lovey-dovey mode. So when I see a couple right across me staring lovingly into each other's eyes (excuse the cliche), I go; "Awwhh.. That's SO cute." But after half an hour of it and NO talking whatsoever, I finally go "what the fuck is going on?? They can't be THAT in love with each other!"

Then, the guy starts to gesture. It took me about 15 seconds to finally figure out that he was using sign language. Which I did not expect since he spoke to the waiter. The girl gestured back. Ahh... It's the girl.

For some reason I find that wonderful. For two people with obvious barriers but in the end, get over it is not something common. I could imagine how hard it must be in the beginning. Props to the guy for seeing her inner beauty. The world needs more people like that.

They didn't talk much. Just a flurry of hand gestures and then they'll just look at each other for another 15 minutes. It was like a dance, they moved exactly in sync! (Again, excuse the cliche.) He seemed to know that she wanted to do and moved WITH her. When she wanted a drink, He'd let go of her hands. When she's done, they'll be right back in his.

It was wonderful just watching them. It's like a comfortable routine. It made me warm inside. And for that, I silently thank them. I know it seems silly, but at that moment I was actually happy for 2 complete strangers.

The world ain't so bad after all. :)

0 Mystified People: