Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kiddie day

20th Nov was Universal Children's day and (if I'm not mistaken) yesterday we celebrated The Rights of the Children.

So in support, some of my friends have changed our profile pics to our fav cartoon characters that we've grown up with.
It was kinda cute seeing how even these lil things can shape us.

UNICEF also came up with a new interesting campaign to spread awareness;
"Cartoons for children's Rights"
UNICEF now works with animation studios and broadcasters for this campaign to create and telecast a 30 second vid to educate the public on children's rights.

Kudos to them.
At least they're trying hard.
I think it's much needed.
Since only this week did I hear somebody remark that we shouldn't uphold children's rights because they're such brats.

*Rolls eyes*
Sheesh, look at the bigger picture la macha..
We're not talking about well off kids with a family and good homes.
We're talking about those who are abused and forced into begging, hard labour, prostitution etc.
Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean that it's not a problem.













Oh, and I choose Cookie Monster as my character :)
Strictly speaking, he's not a cartoon character but I loved him as a kid!
But I found this instead when I googled him;






LOL!
Such a mood booster!
I especially love the one where he's wearing a straight-jacket in cookie rehab.
And I as much as I loved him as a kid, I'm sure he's a real scary monster for cookies everywhere.
Heh.


When I saw this pic, I remembered that I actually have a t-shirt exactly like this one!
The problem is.. Where the hell did I put it???
(O.o)"

1 Mystified People:

Unknown said...

India's #1 Adult product Store Naughty me, offers best quality sex toys for men and women.