Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Negative review

I haven't even left the island yet. But no matter, I've passed my verdict. And it ain't good. I guess this place is just not my cup of tea :(

No offence, but I honestly think I wouldn't survive if I have to permanently stay here. Too many of my personal pet peeves condensed in one place.

1. The place is too crowded. Everywhere I go, there's a throng of people. I don't understand why though because..

2. This place has nothing out of the ordinary.
Shopping? KL is waaay better in terms of variety- plus they jack-up the prices here. Their malls, one word: barren.


(I do not understand what they come here for. There's only around 10 shops open in the whole mall. And please note that this was taken at 9.00 p.m. not closing hours. Even their boutiques are grossly over rated. Apa ni??)

Food? Ehh.. Nothing unobtainable in Shah Alam. Haven't had anything orgasm inducing yet.
Beaches? Although (I have to admit) cleaner then those in Selangor and most in Negeri Sembilan, it's still not in the so-irresistible-wanna-splish-splash category.

3. You can never go anywhere without a horrendous traffic jam. It doesn't really matter if you need to go out in the afternoon or in the dead of night, the jams will be there- waiting for you! It's probably due to the really narrow roads + people parking on the road's shoulders + goddamn traffic lights every 100m + insane amount of cars. Total disaster. Even the prospect of going out makes me tired..


(Twas taken at 10.40 p.m. and yet there's STILL traffic jams. *Sigh* This rinky-dink road is supposed to be a two-way road. Exactly how that'll work without the cars scraping against each other is beyond me.)

4. There's NO parking spaces! One would imagine a place so congested with cars would have loads of car parks. But Nooo.. If you've been to Gurney Drive, you'd know what I mean. Where the fuck do you park there?? Even the locals resort to parking on the roadsides. Naturally, I follow suit, and was rewarded with a big fat fine. Only later did I find out that Gurney Drive is one of the po-po's fav spots to get extra cash. (Tip for you!) Fucker.

In my defense, I did try to enjoy the place. I tried to immerse myself in the history. I even went looking for the bloody museum of arts that's supposed to be here. But all attempts failed as there was nothing interesting to see/learn. Darn.

Oh, and I think I'm allergic to something.. I'm guessing it must the the shellfish I've been eating. Damnit! Here comes the ugly angry red rashes. And they itch like hell too. Damn you rashes (and allergies)!!!

Plus, I miss the boyfriend. Badly. My previous theory was indeed bullshit.

0 Mystified People: