Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Formspring me (not)!

Heads up everyone! Looks like formspring is the new 'IT' thing to hit cyber space!
I did express my curiosity on what exactly is the appeal of this new found app..
And thanks to those generous enough to let me browse around their formspring pages- I've come to understand what all the hype is about.

In a nutshell, it's a place where people can ask you random questions anonymously and the theory is that you have to answer them all.
But whether the answers are honest is a whole other matter.. Heh.

Hmm.. sounds like trouble to me!

Call me a pessimist but all I see is a platform (built by yourself no less!) for random strangers to talk smack about you and not being able to do anything about it. (Since it's all anonymous)
Really, once you take a minute to think about it, what kind of questions would you ask that cant be asked personally??
The questions would either be very personal (like saying that you have a crush on someone but not having the guts to say it to the person face to face) or (this one is more likely) very provocative/insensitive.
This would be a hater's paradise!
To be able to rile up somebody and do it anonymously.. Woot!
Like taking candy from a baby~
A stupid baby at that! (for bringing this upon him/herself..)

But then again, I may be wrong!
So I off I go to inspect some of my friend's formspring pages~
...
...
...
I was right.
Heh.

Most of the questions are pretty harmless (and hilarious!) but others are just plain mean.

So just for laughs, I'm gonna copy and paste some of the questions asked in fromspring- and answer them myself!

1. You stole my bf from me. Home wrecker. You're a fucking bitch. How do you feel about that?
Too bad you couldn't hold on to your man. Boo-freakin-hoo. You snooze, you lose. And everybody's a bitch. Deal with it.
(Poor girl though.. To humiliate herself by sounding so bitter about the whole thing. The anonymous thing doest work in this case. Even I know who she is!)

2. Are you still a virgin?
(O.O)!!
(why would somebody ask such a thing? And more importantly, Who would answer 'no' in such a public space?? Adoi..)
Yes, according to my moot team status, I'm still a 'V'. Virgin bebeh! But I'll most likely lose that when I get to Maritime (=.=)"

3. Since you're so butt ugly, do you think you'd ever get married?
(HAHAHA.. And to top it off, the answer to this question was so angry that I couldn't help but to be amused~)
Yeah, finding another guy who's equally butt ugly out there ain't hard. So I'll most likely to bag a guy anyways :)

The rest were not approved by my Friends to be copied on this blog :(
Oh well, they were very mean anyways.. I don't want bad vibes on my blog! Heh.
In the end, if you have a sense of humour and don't take yourself too seriously, formspring may be entertaining for you.
But if you ain't got thick skin, then save yourself the heart-ache and forget about it!
You'll just annoy your friends by getting all emo. Hish.






Looks like no formspring for me then!
Haha.
Am not a fan of hateful comments.
(And I know people have LOTS of them!)
Nor would I be stupid enough to put myself in such a vulnerable position.
I removed the comment option in my blog for a reason.
*Shakes head*

0 Mystified People: