Wednesday, May 19, 2010

P review

Since I've gotten some positive feedbacks from the girlfriends about my bazaar/ film/ music reviews, they've now pushed (blackmailed me more like!) to review products as well.
Typical of them to want me to become their personal lil guinea pig.. hish.
Be grateful I still love you guys anyway :)

This one is for The bestie and her new boy-toy Heri.
(I STILL cant believe the bestie pointed out that he has blackheads and demanded that he do something about it! Hahahaha!!!)

I bought this 2 weeks ago. (I have nasty black heads too!)

BY: Etude House
(Am STILL put off with it's overly pinky-puff shop design. Thank god the one in Pavilion ain't that bad.)
Name: Black head heating coal scrub
Price: RM 24.90


Normally, I'll never splurge much for products (except for the essential facial cleanser- and even that costs less than RM 50!)
I've always been a more DIY gal anyways..
But I thought, why not give it a try??

First of all, the 'heating' sensation is more of a spoof to get people to buy it.
Sure the sales girl did say that it helps 'open up the pores' but I cant imagine my stubborn pores opening up if the 'so-called-heating' only lasts a few seconds!
Really, it only lasts for about 2 or 3 seconds and starts feeling like a normal scrub again. What a let-down :(
In the end, to use this product, you still need hot water to REALLY open up your pores.

secondly, the instructions says that you still need to squeeze out the black head manually. Sheesh.
When I bought the thing, it was fine by me, just as long as I don't have to find hot water every time I wanna remove my black heads.
(do you have any idea what a hassle it is to actually have to boil water and wait for it to cool down to an acceptable temp in my hostel?? Twas a waste of time.)

But now, since I have to use hot water ANYWAYS.
And I still have to squeeze it out manually ANYWAYS.
What exactly is this product helping me to achieve??
Sure, it helps the removing process of the black heads (but only with the help of hot water). You can use any normal scrub for that.
I do NOT think spending RM 25 is worth something like this.
The old fashion (FREE) DIY methods works better!
this gets a 2/10.



Call me cheap (but I do prefer the word 'frugal'. Haha) but when it comes to something like removing black heads, I still think the traditional way is best.
Just wet face with hot water, wash using your everyday cleanser (you can add a lil scrub if you like), rinse with more hot water and SQUEEZE! And don't forget to close up those pores again with cold water.. or else you'll end up with more! :)

You really don't have to break the bank to look good people!

0 Mystified People: