Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The path towards becoming a skinny bitch

After yogalates yesterday, the girls and I decided to get something to drink (tea. no milk! Sheesh.) and get on with the 'bonding' that our instructor was always yapping about.
Supposedly, when you bond as a group, you stay on the lose-weight bandwagon longer.
Plus, it's kinda like a support system thingamajig. Heh.
Whatever la. Why not give it a shot?

So there we were, in a quaint lil cafe sipping on our tea, sharing our experiences (=.=)"
It was shocking how far some of these girls went to lose weight.
Exercising and keeping tabs on what you eat is fine by me (I do it too).
But NOT eating and busting your ass exercising to lose 5KG in two weeks can never be healthy!
I wonder why she absolutely NEEDS to lose it in 2 weeks..
Maybe she's meeting her online boyfriend for the first time and (maybe) got overboard with fotoshop? (One could only guess! Tee-hee~)
But she looks just fine to me.
As a matter of fact, her body is just about the same size as mine!
And she's such a pretty gal.
She doesn't need to be stick thin.
But alas, my feeble attempts to say this to her was met with an "Oh, shut up. You cant possibly understand what I'm going through."
Like, WTF??
Hmm.. maybe some people just has some major issues to overcome..

Later, one of the older ladies in the group started giving out advice to us 'grasshoppers'.
1) No rice
2) No bread
3) No noodles
...............
(They lost me at item 3.)
What the heck are we supposed to eat then?
Veggies and meat??
(At the exact moment I thought of that, the girl introduced item 5. No red meat. Fish is the best.)
Ugh. Fish is my least fav source of protein :(
This sucks!
By the time they got to item 12, No Ice-cream (because of the rich cream), I created some excuse and went straight home.
There's no way in hell I'm giving up Ice-cream!!!
I'd much rather follow the regime I already have and not starve myself or worse, lose the joy of eating really good food.

The idea of being skinny is awesome, but getting there ain't a picnic. (literally!)







Why is everybody on a formspring frenzy??
Is it some kind of new trend or what?
All of my friends are starting one.
I wonder what people asks them.. since the objective of the thing is to ask someone something that they cant ask personally.
Very curious indeed :)

0 Mystified People: