Friday, May 14, 2010

F reviews

Turns out, it wasn't very hard to keep my mind off things..
A movie marathon does the trick!


*Sigh*
I was hoping that this one will be better then "Confessions of a shopaholic".
But it ranked just about the same :/
I wonder what is Amy Adam's deal?
She chooses these romantic-doey-eyed gals to play but she just makes them sound *ahem* kinda stupid..
I had no problem with the story board.. The girl wanted to propose to her boyfriend on leap day.
I understand the need for the girl to make the first move in a relationship. *cough2* :P
(But the lil runt did make this comment; "Why la the girl wanna go and ask a guy to marry her?? So noob")
I felt like smacking the kid. Hish.
Anyways, the movie was watchable.
Something you ought to watch if you want something VERY light.
It wasn't a total snooze fest- there were some scenes that were kinda sweet..
And the location was beautiful!
Makes me wanna go to Ireland and meet a dashing-tormented guy as well. Heh.
5.5/10.



I am still amazed that the movie hit Malaysian cinemas and I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!
All I have to say is that they should fire the damn advertising team. ASAP!
The whole story board was pretty predictable though..
It reminded me of a lot of the WWII films.
The only difference is that they applied the trauma of war to the recent Afghan war. So points off for lack of originality.
But though I can just about tell what's going to happen, and I do not fancy both Jake Gyllenhaall and Tobey Maguire (they're a lil too scrawny for my taste), the story (surprisingly) had depth.
I got sucked into the whole drama and Jim Sheridan (director) put in just enough time to explain what's happening between the war zone and the household. (Unlike 'The edge of love'. But still, I kinda liked it coz it has Keira Knightley~)
That resulted in sympathy for both the solider and the family he left behind.
It was great that the film revolved around the humanity behind times of war and not the violence and gore.
8/10. (I actually really enjoyed this.)




Ahh.. I've been waiting for this one to get to Malaysian shores since it's positive review in 'Rotten Tomatoes'.
Hmm.. This remake of the Crazies (the original was released on 1973) was (again, surprisingly) good.
Though (again) the story line was VERY predictable, we shouldn't penalize the film because of it- It is a REMAKE after all.
The whole thing reminds me of Resident evil and (the recent) Carriers.
But definitely better than Carriers and ranks about the same as resident evil (if not a tad higher).
But seriously, who the hell watches a suspense film for the story line??
As long as the film makes you jump, scream and squirm at the edge of your seat, then you have just watched a damn good suspense film- and that was just how I felt with this one.
(But to be fair, I am a wussy. So this may not seem like such a thrill for those hard cores out there. But the runt seems to like this a lot. He watched it 4 bloody times in 2 days. Heh.)
8/10.









I now fancy myslef as a critic!
Poyo je.
*Flying kick muka sendiri* Heh.

0 Mystified People: